or select a colour theme below:
ffffff ffc9c6 ebbec0 f06eaa ff517a e80303 800000 f26522 ffbb22 ffd822 f5f5f5 aaaaaa e5d6c4 b0becb d6c8e5 b399d0 610c5d b0becb 6e6262 000000 d0edf8 bfe4e8 85d6d6 3376b8 000080 e1f4e1 7ccd7c 337e4d 008080 622d08
Register for your very own My Big Day account to access exclusive offers, competitions and planning tools.Join us
or sign in if you already have an account
The trend for all things Vintage in the wedding world continues and nothing is more adorable than flowergirls and pageboys in sweet little vintage outfits. Lullabybirds specialise in vintage-inspired clothing, which are arguably the most adorable clothes ever and chic enough to be worn to any wedding celebration. Check out the Converse shoes, soooo cute!
0 commented on
Wedding themes with rustic elements are as popular as ever and if you are getting married around Christmas time then this theme could be perfect for you! The team at As You Wish Events created this wonderful table setting that is decidedly Kiwi and reflects our summer Christmas.
0 commented on
How fantastic are these ice balls! A nice change from the traditional ice cubes, they look great in cocktail glasses, drink dispensers and punch bowls! Add berries, mint or even edible glitter for a fun festive look.
1 commented on
Love, love, love this idea! Every now and then we come across a DIY idea that just makes us go WOW! Our friends at Weddinary posted this great pic and we set about finding out how you can recreate this fab idea!
0 commented on
Todays Friday I'm In Love showcases flowers. Anyone that knows me knows that I adore Peonies. As a florist, I get very excited when I see the first of those big luscious blooms start to appear. The fact that they are only in season for a few short months makes them extra special and highly sought after. For Charmed Flowers, today, was the first wedding of the season using beautiful and vibrant Coral Peonies and I hope to share pictures of these with you soon. In the meantime, feast your eyes on this beauitful image from The Pretty Blog. The use of different flowers and foliage such as Peonies, David Austin Roses, Roses, Lambs Ear and Willow provide texture and a wonderful burst of colour against the crisp white Church. A special moment for the Bride and Groom is captured perfectly by photographer Nicole Mehl, I think they are about to shake hands!.
Have a wonderful relaxing long weekend everyone, we know of at least 3 couples getting married and we wish you all much Love, Laughter and Ever After x
1 commented on
We know things have been a little quite on the blog front of late but hang in there people, because so much wedding goodness is coming your way!. We are busy little beavers at the moment and as the new kids on the block for The Big Day, and based in Christchurch, our goal is to focus a little closer to home. We are also the proud owners of Charmed Flowers and we plan to share with you our indepth knowledge of all things "Wedding" in Canterbury, and as always, beautiful inspiration and ideas from all over NZ and around the world. So sit back and relax, but stay tuned, because its going to be amazing!
Much love and thank you so very much for your support of The Big Day! x
4 commented on
Wow! Now here is a love story if ever I heard it. Spoiler alert: You will need some tissues!
96 year old Fred Stobaugh has written a gorgeous love song for his late wife Lorraine. He entered an online songwiting competition with his hand penned song that he made in memory of his darling wife of 75 years.
Even though he didn't sing the song or enter a video, the recording studio was so deeply touched by his letter that they produced and recorded the song at no cost.
Watch the video and watch Fred listening to 'her song' for the very first time.
Happy Friday Folks and pass me the tissues please!
5 commented on
Hello Thursday - how has this week got to Thursday already! I hope your week has gone well so far. Recently Ang and I were very lucky to receive some fabulous goodies from Dave and the lovely team at Wishlantern to try out. Wishlantern are a New Zealand based company who supply the fabulous and very popular sky lanterns for weddings and special occasions, as well as a range of other gorgeous products - some of my favourites being their gorgeous large round wedding balloons and their very cool confetti cannons!
I first experienced sky lanterns on a gorgeous New Years Eve near the beach on the South Islands West Coast and have loved them ever since! Watching them drift off into the darkness was a fantastic (and definitely memorable!) way to celebrate the New Year, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate a wedding as well. Wishlantern's sky lanterns are wire-free and 100% biodegradable so by using Wishlanterns you're also doing your bit to make sure you're being environmentally conscious as well!
Check out their cool Wishlantern film below and make sure you check out their online shop for some inspiration and gorgeous goodies for your big day! x
3 commented on
Good morning! I hope your Friday has started well and you're looking forward to the weekend. I have a weekend planned catching up with friends and family (and taking it easy!) so I'm very much looking forward to that.
Today's Friday I'm In Love is a brilliantly timed and captured image from Photographs by Andrea, a South Carolina wedding photographer, whose fabulous image was recently featured on one of our daily favourites - Moment Junkie. This very cool image is called 'The Realization' and I can see why! I am sure this image will be one this couple remember forever and it would definitely be one to show the children and grandchildren on their wedding day!
Happy Friday x
0 commented on
When it comes to planning your big day we don't think there is such a thing as being overly prepared. You just never know what can happen on the day so it pays to pack a few things into your wedding day emergency kit...call it a wee insurance policy if you will.
Here's our top ten list of items that we think are a must:
1. Double sided tape - this is a fabulous life saver. Think unraveled hems, holding up stockings, holding bits in and even removing pollen from your gorgeous dress!
2. Lucas Paw Paw - can't get enough of this stuff. Think dry lips, rub on your teeth so that your lipstick doesn't stain those pearly whites, insect bites, chaffing....the list goes on.
3. Stain removal wipes or white chalk if you have a white or off white dress - after 10pm you probably won't worry about marks on your dress, but anytime before then, you can be sure to have a mark or two on your dream gown.
4. Sewing and First Aid Kit. Think mini versions - include safety pins, scissors, pins, needle and thread etc
5. Band aids. Brand new shoes + standing on your feet all day and night = blisters. Enough said.
6. Breath mints. You are about to kiss your prince in front of all your friends and family! Dental floss and a cheap toothbrush will also make your mouth icy fresh.
7. Panadol/Nurofen, or whatever is your drug of choice. You have several hundred items running around in that head of yours, not to mention the in-laws, that painful friend of a friend you just had to invite...am sure you'll have a few headaches on the day...best be prepared.
8. Hair ties, bobby pins and hair spray. To ensure no fly away hairs throughout the wonderful (and most expensive) photographs.
9. Deodorant. It's a bloody long day. And you are wearing (most probably) a very heavy dress. And it's tight. Again, enough said.
10. Water, water, water. Rehydrate, you'll probably be having loads of champers too. So if you don't want to be a mess by 8pm, make sure you drink loads of H20.
PS. Email this list to your bridesmaids. It's a great job for them to take care of and one less job for you to think about.
Good Luck x
2 commented on